How to repair damaged wood furniture ?
Liberon has a wide range of products to repair damaged wood, whether it is to repair a wooden floor, wooden furniture or general woodwork around the home.
It is very important to repair and restore wood correctly before continuing to finish wood because the quality of the repair will affect the final finish; therefore a good quality wood repair will ensure a high quality finish.
Our range includes:
- Wax and Polish Remover: use to remove old wax, dirt and grime from furniture prior to refinishing, without affecting most original hard finishes.
- Fine Wood Stripper: Strips paint and varnish, easy to use, methylene chloride free formulation.
- Wood Stopping: a solvent based, natural wood stopping for filling holes, cracks and gaps.
- Wood Filler: a multi-purpose, water based filler for repairing surface damage to wood.
- Wood Bleacher: use to remove dark stains caused by rust, alcohol and damp and for lightening naturally dark wood.
- Knotting: Helps to prevent seepage from knots in resinous wood, use prior to finishing.
- Sanding Sealer: use prior to waxing for an improved finish
Please see our data sheets on each product page in the product catalogue for recommendations about how to repair damaged wood furniture and get the best results from our wood care products.
Now available to download from the Liberon Club are a selection of informative brochures and advice about how to repair your damaged wood furniture.
Find out here the most relevant pages on the site Liberon the following search: Damaged furniture
Damaged furniture : Wood Filler
Liberon Wood Filler is a water based, multi-purpose filler used to fill and repair surface damage in wood.
Damaged furniture : Spirit Sanding Sealer
Liberon Spirit Sanding Sealer quickly prepares the surface of bare wood and MDF used for furniture and decorative items prior to wax finishing.
It seals the surface so that less wax is needed and its special lubricants ease sanding.
Damaged furniture : Knotting
Liberon Knotting helps to stabilise resinous woods prior to painting or varnishing and also helps to minimise the discolouration of paint finishes.
Damaged furniture : Wood Stopping
Liberon Wood Stopping is a natural wood flour based stopping for filling small holes, cracks and gaps. Wood Stopping is a traditional stopping to make repairs in unfinished wood.
Damaged furniture : Wax and Polish Remover
Liberon Wax and Polish Remover removes old wax, dirt, smoke and everyday grime from antique and modern wood furniture. It is also suitable for use on interior woodwork including doors, beams, dado rails, and banisters and will not harm the original finish or patina, making it suitable for even the most delicate surfaces.
Damaged furniture : Fine Wood Stripper
Liberon Fine Wood Stripper removes old paint and varnish finishes from wood and metal. It is kind to wood and fragile surfaces as no heavy scraping is required. The easy to use, non-drip gel formulation clings to the surface making it ideal for vertical surfaces.